Celebrating 10 Years
Just a decade ago Serge Dedina, co-founder of WiLDCOAST, set out to protect some of the most beautiful and biologically significant coastal areas in the Californias and Latin America. Today, the groundbreaking conservation projects and innovative campaigns have been reported on by The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, BBC, National Public Radio, Reforma, Televisa, CBS News, Associated Press and National Geographic. For more history and significant achievements click here.
Thanks to your support and the amazing conservation vision of our partners we continue to:
- Battle mega-projects that threaten some of Mexico’s pristine and stunningly beautiful coastline.
- In the border we monitor and shutdown pollution flows.
- We are inspiring people into action to defend the coast and ocean and wildlife that is endanger or threaten with extinction.
- WiLDCOAST protected during 2011 4,371 acres and 2.3 miles of coastline along the Valle de los Cirios Pacific Coast through direct land purchases and conservation easement agreements.
- We have conserved 77.7 miles of shoreline around Laguna San Ignacio through an innovative partnership with Mexico’s National Commission for Protected Natural Areas.
- To date, WiLDCOAST has conserved more than two million acres of coastal wildlands and wildlife habitat
- In 2012, we are going to expand our reach by building WiLDCOAST Chapters throughout Baja California so we can continue to work with local communities to clean up, restore, and conserve the amazing coastal and marine resources.
WiLDCOAST has an incredibly passionate and smart staff, board and group of conservation champions who make our work possible.
The WiLDCOAST team would like to thank everyone for their continued interest and support. We depend on volunteers, interns, donors, and the community at large to support our conservation efforts. In this troubled economy, every dollar counts, especially now that we are on the verge of passing climate legislation. Please help us continue our important work. Contribute now.
WiLDCOAST has demonstrated its relevance more than ever by being strategic, smart, passionate and relentless about our need to conserve coastal and marine ecosystems and wildlife. We cannot do this important work to preserve our coastal heritage without your help. We depend on donors, volunteers, interns and the community at large to support our conservation efforts. Please help ensure the ocean and its amazing wildlife will still be there for generations to come. Stay connected by subscribing to our email newsletter, check out our online communities and please donate.
Serge Dedina, Executive Director